Monday, September 20, 2010

Second Week





Well this week was quite the eventful one. It started out with me becoming very sick on Monday, and by Wednesday I went in to the doctor and found out that I had strep throat and had to miss school and be put on antibiotics. That was really fun. Unfortunately it caused me to miss out on a life drawing class, so I missed a day of drawing skulls that could have helped me prepare for our upcoming project that is due. However, Monday did prepare me enough for working on my skulls on nice paper this weekend. I have been really enjoying this review stage of this class, since it has been a year since I took Life Drawing 1, and I think my above drawings are successful revisits of sketching the skull within the allotted time amounts.


It’s really nice to get back into the pace of observational drawing again, and I missed it a lot. I really think revisiting observational drawing, whether it is the skull like we are doing now, or whole portions of the body, will really help my paintings and other artwork in the future. During the gesture drawing exercises of the skull when we were only given 2, 5, or 10 minutes to accurately describe the form in front of us, I found it really challenging to do what I was able to do so quickly in Life Drawing I. I’m am excited to get back into the swing of things of making accurate marks and forms from observation, and look forward to the rest of the work I will be completing this semester. I find these skull drawings really helpful in my understanding of the bone structure of the face, and I’m curious as to how this will play out and improve my figure based work in my Painting III class.

No comments:

Post a Comment